320W 12V solar charging kit with 20A controller and 5m cable
- Dispatched in 2-3 days
- 30 Day Return Policy
- Low stock - 3 items left
- Inventory on the way
320W solar panel:
This high efficiency, waterproof 320W 12V monocrystalline solar panel is perfect for permanent outdoor use to provide free electricity for charging 12V batteries to power various applications such as in a camper van, motorhome, boat, shed, farm, as well as remote applications such as telecommunications or monitoring equipment. It can also be used to provide a direct power supply for applications not sensitive to changes in input voltage / current (e.g. electric motors or pumps).
The panel is fitted with 5m of special solar cable which can work at high roof temperatures, with minimum power losses. A pair of male / female MC4 connectors are crimped on the end of cable for easy connection to to other solar panels, your existing system or 6mm extension cable?ÿ(the MC4 connectors can also be cut off when wiring to the screw terminals of?ÿthe solar charge controller).
The long-lasting, high-efficiency monocrystalline solar cells and the tough, sealed, aluminium frame will give you years and years of consistent, free power. The waterproof design ensures the panel can be used in all weather conditions.
This panel also features innovative 5 busbar solar cells, which are more efficient than the?ÿ2, 3 or 4?ÿbusbar solar cells used in most other solar panels, and are able to extract more power from the same surface area. This results in a smaller overall solar panel, which is ideal for applications where space is limited. These solar cells are also the best choice for applications in warmer climates, as they operate well even in?ÿhigh ambient temperatures.
20A Solar charge controller:
This kit includes?ÿa?ÿpowerful 20A 12V/24V solar charge controller, which?ÿis designed to protect batteries whilst charging them,?ÿwith automatic cut off to prevent over-charging and deep discharge. The controller uses PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) technology which increases charge acceptance and prolongs the life of your battery. Often PWM technology can recover some lost battery capacity.
This controller stops reverse current at night (from the battery back to the solar panel) so your battery won't lose any charge. It has many other protection functions such as over charge / discharge, over load, short circuit, overheating etc. Other features of this controller include LED indicators, temperature sensor, and a?ÿload "on/off" button. One of the greatest benefits of this powerful 20A controller is the small size - only 16 x 8cm.
This controller can work with sealed, gel, and flooded batteries (the default is sealed) or a user-defined battery type (please note battery type can only be changed from default using one of the communication methods listed below).
The?ÿsolar charge controller?ÿalso features advanced communication technology, which?ÿoffers the user the opportunity?ÿto monitor and program parameters for the solar charge controller through various methods:
1) The controller can be connected to a remote meter MT50 with an LCD screen, which displays system performance information, and allows the user to manually adjust parameters and load settings
2) The controller can be connected to a Wi-Fi module to create a Wi-Fi network, to which your mobile phone or tablet can connect, in order to monitor or adjust?ÿcharging?ÿparameters and controller settings?ÿthrough a free mobile app - Solar Station?ÿMonitor?ÿ(available for Android and iOS users).
3) An RJ45 to USB cable?ÿcan be used to connect the controller directly to your PC / laptop, where parameters and settings can be monitored and adjusted via a free computer program - Solar Station Monitor?ÿ(Windows-based PCs and laptops only).
Using one of these communication methods,?ÿthe user will gain access to various charging parameters such as voltage, current (separately for solar panel / load), battery state of charge, accumulated?ÿcharge and?ÿdischarge energy,?ÿmin/max voltage and other information.?ÿIf required the user will also be able?ÿto?ÿamend the battery type and capacity, set charging volts for different charging stages, specify the duration of each charging stage,?ÿcreate a user-defined battery type with charging parameters specific to?ÿtheir battery (if the pre-existing options are unsuitable), personalise the 'load' settings (e.g. set timers for lighting, fans, pumps) and more.
In addition to the built-in temperature sensor, the controller has a pair of terminals for connecting a remote temperature sensor, which can be attached directly to the battery to measure the battery temperature more precisely and optimise the charging process.
Click on the?ÿDetails and Specifications tab for more information about this product.
Solar panel specifications:
- Peak power: 320W
- Maximum power voltage: 18.35V
- Maximum power current: 17.88A
- Open circuit voltage: 21.85V
- Short circuit current: 19.04A
- Power allowance range: +/- 3%
- Dimensions: 179 x?ÿ99 x?ÿ4 cm
- Weight:?ÿ19.5 kg
- 8 mounting holes 9 x 14 mm
- 2 x 5m of high quality single core solar cable (6.0mm cross section)
- Male and female MC4 connectors
Charge controller specifications:
- Rated current 20A
- Fully automated operation and auto 12/24V selection
- Wide solar input voltage range up to 50V
- 3 pairs of terminals (input, battery, output)
- LEDs to indicate charging, battery and load
- Temperature sensor for automatic compensation (-3mV/?øC/2V)
- Over load protection (ƒ?�1.05 times the rated discharge current)
- Short circuit protection (ƒ?�2 times the rated discharge current)
- Over charge / discharge, overheating and other protection features
- Self-consumption:?ÿƒ?? 8.4mA (12V) / ƒ?? 7.8mA (24V)
- Working temperature: -35C to +50C
- Terminals for wire up to 10mm2
- Size: 15.9 x 8.1 x 4.8 cm
- Weight:?ÿ300 g
- Multiple mounting holes for ease of installation
Please note: due to our warehouse arrangements,?ÿthe solar charge controller?ÿmay be shipped from a different warehouse?ÿto the solar panels and therefore?ÿdelivered in a separate package.
This product is covered by a?ÿ1 year warranty provided by Photonic Universe (including a 1 year warranty for the solar charge controller and?ÿa?ÿ1 year workmanship warranty for the solar panels). We will repair or replace defective items at our discretion.?ÿ
In addition, solar cells are guaranteed to produce at least 90% of nominal power in 10 years after purchase and at least 80% of nominal power in 25 years after purchase. This warranty is provided by the manufacturer of solar cells.
For installation advice please click on the Installation tab.
Electrical connection: the solar charge controller included in this kit is supplied with a detailed user manual which contains a wiring diagram and explains installation / operations.?ÿPlease ensure that you read the full user manual before starting?ÿthe installation.
Fitting: the solar panel in this kit can be fitted to a flat roof using metal brackets, plastic brackets or a variety of other methods. To view our full range of brackets, please visit?ÿthe?ÿmounting accessories category of our online shop.
The solar charge controller in this kit is not waterproof and should be mounted indoors.
If you need help with installation or have any technical questions we can provide FREE?ÿsupport - please contact us by email or phone
The following documents are available to download: